Out and about with your four-legged friend in Bath and fancy a drink or bite to eat? No problem – we’ve investigated the best dog-friendly pubs and restaurants in and around the city centre – so you don’t have to.
Below is a by no means exhaustive list of the city’s best dog-friendly watering holes and eateries – perfect for a leisurely, hassle-free lunch or whiling away a sunny afternoon.
1. Bath Brewhouse, 14 James Street West, Bath, BA1 2BX
Beer brewed on site for you and doggy treats on the bar for your pooch – what could be better?
2. The Hop Pole, 7 Albion Buildings, Upper Bristol Road, Bath, BA1 3AR
The perfect location for a post Victoria Park walk lunch or drink with your furry pal.
3. Hall & Woodhouse, 1 Old King Street, Bath, BA1 2JW
There couldn’t be a more central location for meeting friends than the Hall & Woodhouse – a large open space, with water bowls and dogs galore.
4. The Marlborough Tavern, 35 Marlborough Buildings, Bath, BA1 2LY
Great food and both inside and outside space for spending a sunny – or not so sunny – afternoon.
5. The Chequers, 50 Rivers Street, Bath, BA1 2QA
Just down the road from its sister pub The Marlborough Tavern is the cosy Chequers – a cracking Sunday lunch venue.
6. The White Hart Inn, Widcombe, Bath, BA2 6AA
If you’ve just dropped off the tow path from the canal walk this lovely pub in Widcombe will be a welcoming sight for a pint (and a ready and waiting water bowl for your pooped pet!)
7. The Hare & Hounds, Lansdown Road, Bath, BA1 5TJ
If you’re feeling brave and facing Lansdown Hill, the Hare & Hounds will be a well-deserved reward with fantastic views of the city from its large garden.
8. The Garrick’s Head, 7-8 St Johns Place, Bath, BA1 5ET
A lovely little Gastropub located right next to the Theatre Royal Bath with their fair share of canine regulars – perfect play companions for your little one while you enjoy a glass of wine!
9. The Bear, 6-10 Wellsway, Bath, BA2 3AQ
A little outside of the city centre you’ll find The Bear – with its casual and relaxed atmosphere it’s perfect for a lazy lunch.
10. The Bell Inn, 103 Walcot Street, Bath, BA1 5BW
A proper local pub feel – owned by customers under a Cooperative scheme – with live music and proper beer. All kinds of dogs very welcome!